Here. Happening. Join Us!
In less than one year, the Digital Research Consortium has responded with real people and resources to the reality that digital projects require a team approach. And that team approach needs freedom to draw from expertise across multiple organizations, and freedom to seek partners and expertise as a project evolves. We have started small, and stayed focused on what we can do together with existing skills, equipment and space. The idea is simple and powerful: researchers can collaborate with professionally trained mapping, virtual reality, data-modeling, and data visualization specialists, working alongside web designers and systems administrators, to work with culturally complex datasets and co-construct sustainable sites and applications. UCLA already employs a number of these professionals, and the DRC has provided a “home base” for experts to come together.
- An active community of scholars, librarians, students, and technologists.
- A network of four dedicated spaces offering distributed access to concentrations of expertise. Each space has a resident technologist who serves as the DRC point of contact.
- Shared equipment including a large-screen presentation wall, a mobile cart for remote web meetings, high-end workstations, meeting tables and rolling white boards.
- A lightweight organization. Open doors. Willing workers. No job descriptions! Participants belong to/ engage with the DRC, but remain administratively centered in their existing units.
- Support from the UCLA Library, the Dean of Humanities, IDRE and the Cotsen Institute.
The opportunity now is to connect and engage as many of our many experts throughout our schools and divisions in a dedicated community and space designed to match experts with scholars and students.
For more information please email email@example.com.